[free-sklyarov] Re: Continuing the fight

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Sun Dec 16 22:55:57 PST 2001

On 2001.12.17 00:49:11 -0500 Richard Stallman wrote:
>> I did not know that this was a plea bargain--I heard that charges had
>> been dropped.

I haven't read anywhere that charges have been dropped.  This is a case
where they
agreed to suspend the hearing for a year under the conditions which he
agreed to are met.  The biggest one is that he gets to be called back to
the US on demand and he has to remain in touch with the court.

At the end of the year, the case will be dropped or if he fails to comply,
his admissions will be used to convict him.  NO CHARGES ARE DROPPED.

I'd love to be wrong.  But people who have charges DROPPED are not subject
to a court order.

Ruben

--

Brooklyn Linux Solutions