[free-sklyarov] Backlash

David Haworth david.haworth at altavista.net
Thu Jul 26 23:08:27 PDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 10:51:59AM -0700, Adrian Dunston wrote:

> 	I own copyrighted material,

By saying that, you're falling into the semantic trap of the corporations.
You don't _own_ anything (except insofar as you own the physical medium
that it's stored on) - you have a limited monopoly on certain
acts of publishing that material.

This concept of "ownership" of "content" is the reason we're in this mess
in the first place - for some reason, certain corporations appear to
think that they own patterns in the magnetic field of my hard disk ...

--
David Haworth
Baiersdorf, Germany
david.haworth at altavista.net