[free-sklyarov] just a small idea

James S. Tyre jstyre at jstyre.com
Tue Jul 31 00:50:01 PDT 2001

Ellie Young, Executive Director, ellie at usenix.org
John Gilmore, EFF Founder and USENIX Board Member, gnu at toad.com
Avi Rubin, USENIX Board Member, <rubin at research.att.com>

>Dr. David,
>
>Is it too late to get some kind of B.O.F. or other room for Usenix?

No.

             Birds-of-a-Feather Sessions (BoFs)
             Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
             evenings
             Lead or attend a BoF! Meet with your peers!
             Present new work! Don't miss these special
             activities designed to maximize the value of your
             time at the conference. The always-popular
             evening Birds-of-a-Feather sessions are very
             informal gatherings of persons interested in a
             particular topic. BoFs may be scheduled during
             the conference at the registration desk, or in
             advance by contacting the USENIX Conference
             Department, either by phone (1.510.528.8649) or
             by email (conference at usenix.org). BoFs are
             open to all attendees. Topics will be announced at
             the conference.

(Tuesday is Aug. 14)

>think that would blow doors. Considering that Usenix played a big part
>in Alan Cox's announcement, and all.
>
>Actually, was Alan Cox giving any talks?

No.

>  I bet his room is free, and
>it'd make a pretty powerful replacement.
>
>I've never been to Usenix, so I don't know how it works.

See http://www.usenix.org/events/sec01/  It ain't cheap if you're not
press, a student, or otherwise comped.

James S. Tyre                               mailto:jstyre at jstyre.com
Law Offices of James S. Tyre          310-839-4114/310-839-4602(fax)
10736 Jefferson Blvd., #512               Culver City, CA 90230-4969
Co-founder, The Censorware Project             http://censorware.net