[free-sklyarov] Re: EFFector 14.29: ALERT Web Standards & Patents; more...

tom poe tompoe at renonevada.net
Sat Oct 6 23:25:30 PDT 2001

On Thursday 04 October 2001 19:10, Stanton McCandlish wrote:

>    Adam Warner's criticisms of the policy, and archive of related
>    information:
>      http://www.openphd.net/W3C_Patent_Policy/

Hello:  I visited this site, and found some very substantive comments offered
by Dr. K. Lenz, Professor (German Law and European Law), University Aoyama
Gakuin, Tokyo, Japan.

The text can be found at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-patentpolicy-comment/2001Oct/1136.html

This was dated 10/7/2001, and so it was not available at the time of  your
post, Standish.

Dr. Lenz recommends some adjustments to the W3C.org's posture, and provides
extremely valuable insight to the improper and manipulative efforts of some
of the Members of the W3C.org at this time.  I want to thank Dr. Lenz,
personally, and on behalf of the entire world community for his comments.  As
of the moment the Members of W3C.org received his email, the issues of RF and
RAND patent policy as they stood, became a nonissue!!!

I would hope that everyone reads his comments and makes suggestions on how
those comments might be turned into a working document for not only the
W3C.org group, but for related matters such as the Dmitry fiasco, and DMCA,
and SSSCA.

There is real power available to those of us who believe in Open Source that
Dr. Lenz has so exquisitely identified.  My applause to you, Dr. Lenz.
Brilliante!!!!   Tom