[free-sklyarov] My reply to USNews

Keith Handy keith at indierecords.com
Sun Sep 9 15:37:40 PDT 2001

> Message: 17
> Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 13:38:52 -0700
> From: "Karsten M. Self" <kmself at ix.netcom.com>
> To: free-sklyarov at zork.net
> Subject: Re: [free-sklyarov] My reply to USNews
>

> --UfEAyuTBtIjiZzX6
>
> on Sat, Sep 08, 2001 at 11:50:23AM -0400, Keith Handy (keith at indierecords.c=
> om) wrote:
> > I was unable to send this to the C-FIT list.  It kept bouncing back.
>
> <...>
>
> > How well is this approach working for the so-called "war on drugs"?
>
> Be careful in confounding issues.  As much as I'm in agreement with
> your thinking, the _reason_ that the WoD continues despite the rather
> blatent failure of it to accomplish even a fraction of its goals, and at
> a tremendous cost to civil liberties, is that it is as contentious as it
> is.

This is the second time I've received this exact same criticism, and I
wasn't 100% sure whether to include the line in the first place.
Therefore, I will cut the line from any future forwardings, and anyone
else who wishes to quote or forward my essay may either cut it as well,
or, depending on the audience, add an editorial footnote to that line
indicating that it was only a "first draft" inclusion.

I appreciate the feedback!

-Keith