[free-sklyarov] Free Dmitry Sklyarov!

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Thu Sep 13 20:50:14 PDT 2001

Hi everybody,

Once again, please help free Dmitry Sklyarov; that's what this mailing
list is for.  Wendy Seltzer asked today on dvd-discuss that people
return to topic there; I'd like to make the same request of people
over here.  Wendy added that people might not feel like talking about
the DMCA so much at the moment; that's fine, she said, but in that
case it's reasonable for the list to be fairly quiet.

The attacks on Tuesday are an extremely great tragedy.  Many people
here have been and will be affected by them.  I certainly have been.
But this list is meant for freeing Dmitry Sklyarov.

Discussion of how the attacks may affect Dmitry's case or the
development of copyright law is OK.  Discussion of a general nature
about the bombing or U.S. counterterrorism or foreign policy --
without a nexus to Dmitry -- is not appropriate here.  There are
_thousands_ of places on the Internet where such discussion is
appropriate, but free-sklyarov isn't one.

Thanks to everybody for all your hard work so far.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Its really terrible when FBI arrested
Temp.  http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/ | hacker, who visited USA with peacefull