[free-sklyarov] Studios Sue Maker of DVD Copy Software

Kenneth Burger krburger at burger-family.org
Fri Dec 20 11:43:28 PST 2002

I can just see the defense attorney saying the exact same thing.  Then a
month later Senator Hollings mysteriously introduces a bill into congress
that requires all new purchasers of crowbars to give their name, address,
telephone number, social security number, and sexual preference to the store
they're buying it from, and all the current owners of crowbars to register
theirs with the local law enforcement agency.

We already know that the RIAA and MPAA have Hollings in their pockets
anyways.  I wonder what far reaching effects this could have on existing CD
copying software.  After all, it's all because of them that there is so much
pirated software out there isn't it?  I can just see all the lawsuits flying
at Roxio and Ahead now for inflated losses of revenue.