[free-sklyarov] Adobe Hackers: We're Immune

Vladimir Katalov vkatalov at elcomsoft.com
Mon Mar 4 23:52:33 PST 2002

Hello,

>  And even
> accepting the Internet as a nationless entity, commercial transactions were
> brokered through a US financial institution for delivery of a product to a
> US address.

First, "US financial instutution" (as I understand, you mean the
billing service company that accepts credit card payments) is not much
different from any bank. If, for example, I'll make wire transfer from
my bank account in Russia to some account in Mexico, and by bank
doesn't have a corresponding account in that mexican bank, the money
will pass through at least one US bank (in 99% cases). It is not
possible to transfer money directly from one person (or company) to
another, without some "man in the middle". That US company worked just
as a "postman".

Second, they didn't care about delivery at all. Delivery (electronic
one, i.e. the registration code -- read the official court documents)
has been done solely by ElcomSoft, directly to the customer (throught
the Internet, of course -- by email).

/Vladimir
vkatalov at elcomsoft.com