[free-sklyarov] Google Yanks Anti-Church Sites

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Fri Mar 22 09:32:11 PST 2002

begin Vladimir Katalov quotation of Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 10:36:33AM +0300:

> Now not only the links to other sites can be considered to be illegal,
> but even indexing some pages is prohibited!!

We had a meeting yesterday with Google to
discuss this issue and their DMCA policy.
http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/internet/03/22/google.reut/index.html

Yesterday, Google misrepresented their obligations under the DMCA,
but then put back some but not all of the xenu.net pages.  They are
actively working on correcting their mistake, so more pages may be
back in the index by the time you read this.

The ultimate result of this mess will be more "Google Juice" for
xenu.net, because of the publicity (see sig).

To comment on this issue you can write to:
comments at google.com

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti                       Help spread accurate information