Domain lnx-bbc.org has been lost

The lnx-bbc mini distribution lnx-bbc at zork.net
Mon Feb 4 10:19:29 GMT 2008

Quoting Mike McCarty (Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net):
> Rick Moen wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> >caught napping on the domain registration.  Sadly, lnx-bbc.org expired
> >and was snapped up by squatters, who have one of those "search engine"
> >pages on it.  Please disable all hyperlinks to the traditional URLs,
> >so as to not feed them any hits.
>
> It appears that the web pages themselves have not been updated
> not to point to the lnx-bbc.org domain.

Nick, _who_ has edit access to those pages?  Would you like me to do it?

> >Duncan still owns lnx-bbc.{net|com}, and the Web pages are accessible
> >via http://lnx-bbc.com/, thanks to hosting from T.R. Fullhart.
>
> It appears that lnx-bbc.net domain has been snapped up as well.

Yes, indeed.  I've meanwhile added lnx-bbc.com to my list of domains
whose expiration status I monitor.  (See:
http://linuxgazette.net/142/moen.html), so I'll be in a position to
prevent the same occurring to it.

> I asked last May whether any progress were being made, and I have
> not gotten a reply. Is LNX-BBC actually still alive?

I'm afraid I'm not personally in a position to know.  Last I heard, Paul
Gray <gray at cs.uni.edu> (Cc'd) had done the most, most recently.