[Seth-Trips] [anthony9@uclink4.berkeley.edu: [cal-libertarians] DRUG POLICY DEBATE: THIS TUESDAY!]

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Tue Apr 24 12:34:40 PDT 2001

I must admit that I'm tempted to go to this just because I've
personally tangled with Kevin Sabet in the pages of the _Daily Cal_ so
often.

Kevin Sabet is a _tremendously_ anti-drug student who thinks that
government prohibition is the answer (or part of the answer).  I had
fun agreeing with him about the dangers of drugs and disagreeing about
the legitimacy of government regulation.  (He would write a piece
about "drugs are very dangerous, so they should be banned", and I
would write in reply a piece about "drugs are very dangerous, and
government has no right to ban them".)

It would be interesting to see what Scarlett Swerdlow will focus on.
I suspect I'll disagree with both debaters.

I had thought of going to David Friedman's talk, but nobody spoke up
to come with me, and I've already heard him give exactly the same talk
at Berkeley.

----- Forwarded message from "Anthony L. Gregory" <anthony9 at uclink4.berkeley.edu> -----