[Seth-Trips] Ballerina Pie Fight, now with Bootie for other, Jan. 21

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Wed Jan 5 10:42:27 PST 2005

----- Forwarded message from Annalee Newitz -----

Date: Friday, January 21st., 2005, from 9:00 PM to
midnight or so.
What: BALLERINA PIE FIGHT, featuring DJing by the
Mysterious D and Party Ben. It's a fundraiser for
other (www.othermag.org) a magazine for people who
don't feel represented by mainstream media categories.
Other #7 coming soon!
Location: The Jon Sims Center, 1519 Mission St. btw.
Van Ness and 11th. St., SF
Admission: $5 to $10 sliding scale, free if you dress
like a ballerina
Email for more info: charlie at othermag.org

About this event: Other magazine believes in
multi-tasking. We frequently try to do at least
seventeen different things at once. So when we
wanted our next issue's cover to feature a half dozen
or so ballerinas, in full regalia, throwing pies at
each other, we decided to hold a party. The
Ballerina Pie Fight will be a fundraiser for other
magazine, as well as the photoshoot for the cover of
issue #7, the "Payback" issue. Great photographers,
including Charles Gatewood, have agreed to come and
photograph the proceedings. Participants include
classically trained ballerinas as well as enthusiastic
amateurs! Best of all, audience members
are encouraged to come dressed as ballerinas and take
part in the fun.

Before and after the pie fight, the event will also
feature two DJs from the monthly Bootie club, the
Mysterious D and Party Ben. They'll be spinning
mash-ups of their own creation as well as other DJs'
work.

Finally, the Ballerina Piefight will be a celebration
of the second anniversary of other magazine
<www.othermag.org> which published its
first issue in February 2003.

=====
Annalee Newitz