[Seth-Trips] Computer History Museum Speaker Series: Steve Case

Fyodor social at insecure.org
Thu Jan 6 19:38:29 PST 2005

I'm sure many on this list would rather see Steve Jobs, but AOL
founder Steve Case is speaking this Wednesday at the Computer History
Museum in Mountain View [1] (6PM reception; 7PM lecture).  I'm looking
forward to the museum's 2005 lineup, as they had many interesting
folks lecture there in '04 (Lawrence Lessig, Dan Gillmore, Bill Gates,
etc.)  Videos of some previous talks (in WMV format, bleah) are up at
[2].  The talks are free ($10 donation suggested) and the current
schedule is posted at [3].  As of the last time I visited their new
building (November), they had some fascinating exhibits of
computational machinery throughout the ages, from slide rules to Cray
supercomputers and lovingly restored 50s era mainframes.  All the
computers you grew up with are represented.  The large collection of
early specialized military computers for bomb guidance and such is
interesting as well.

They do ask that you RSVP for the lectures.

Cheers,
Fyodor

[1] http://www.computerhistory.org/events/index.php?id=1099686006
[2] http://www.computerhistory.org/events/index.php?view=previous&section=calendar