[Seth-Trips] IPac Cocktail Evening on Monday

Ren Bucholz ren at trubble.com
Sat Jan 15 18:31:59 PST 2005

Happy Long Weekend!

Some of you know that I help out with IPac, a political action
committee that focuses on intellectual property and technical
innovation.  We're having a low-key cocktail hour at San Francisco's
111 Minna this Monday, and you all should stop by if you're in town!
I'm checking to see what the sub-21 rules are for the venue, and I'll
report back when I know more.  I hope some of you can make it!

-Ren

-=-=-=-=-=-

Hey Everyone,

Resolutions have been made, Boxing Day is long gone, and IPac is
greeting the new year with a new campaign and a series of shindigs
across
America. Congress was busy with copyright in 2004, and we've prepared a
retrospective on what almost went down.  It's called "Jailed for a
Song,"
and you can check it out right here:

http://www.JailedforaSong.com

It examines several of the craziest items on Big Content's wish
list, and it's a great way to introduce your friends and family to IPac.

And speaking of friends and family, you should bring both to grab a
drink with IPac at San Francisco's fabulous 111 Minna next Monday,
January
17. We'll be showing up at 7 to hang out, gossip, and plot the
revolution
with people who care about free culture and technical innovation.
Details
are available here:

http://ipaction.org/events/drinks_sf.html

A donation is not required to attend, but you'll have to pay for your
own
drinks. Events in D.C. and New York are on the way, but feel free to
drop us a
line if you want to put something together in another location.  Thanks
for
helping make 2004 a success, and we're thrilled to be working for you
in 2005.

Best,

Ren Bucholz
IPac Volunteer
http://ipaction.org
[If you link, please try to use the word "IPac" to help us boost our
Google juice.  Thanks!]