[Seth-Trips] hotel rwanda

Praveen Sinha ampere at swcp.com
Mon Jan 10 16:12:32 PST 2005

So a while back, I stole a depressing, but intruiging book from Seth
called "We Wish to Inform You That Tomrorow We Will be Killed WIth Our
Families: Stories from Rwanda".

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0312243359/103-4970296-0191848?v=glance

This book was basically a set of stories collected by a western reporter
who visits rwanda during a several year period of time during and after
the genocides.  He had an anecdote about a hotel owner, who in hollywood
style plot, hides a whole bunch Tutsis in his hotel during the first wave
of slaughter.  So, as it turns out, they made a movie out of it
(hollywood wouldn't actually touch it because the US refused any
aid/intervention during the genocide):

   http://www.mgm.com/ua/hotelrwanda/intro.html

Anyone care to go see it with me this week?  It's playing at the kabuki in
sf, or at the century shoreline in mtn view for the south bay crowd...

Let me know - I'm thinking wednesday at one or the other locations...

---
DMH