[Taocow PBEM] Chapter V: A Stranger And His Knowledge

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at alberni.net
Tue Aug 2 12:48:04 PDT 2005

> > [Talas]
> > "I agree with Lady Amanda. Mr. Grizz should be questioned." Talas
> > looks at Amanda and says "Shall we > go for a stroll my lady?" Talas
> > get up, buts his plate away. Then stops and turns to the boy "Edig, Do
> > you know of any um... techno mage's? I would like to see about
> > acquiring the services of one."  Talas then whats to see if anyone
> > else is coming along to go speak with the shop keep.
> > [/Talas]

> [Rod Black]
> "Aye, I have an idea where one might be found.  What kind of services
> you lookin for?"
> [/Rod Black]

> [Arden]
> Arden nods to Lena, gathering up his belongings, joining the max exodus.
> "So it begins..."
> [/Arden]

[GM]
Lena gathers up her own belongings, and follows Arden.

> The red haired scout looks towards the Dog Boy, "I think we may wish to
> talk a bit more later. Curious, are you from Lone Star as well?"  She
> grabs the rest of her stuff and follows everybody else out.
> [/Alex]

[Bongo]
"Yes, that's where I was... born." Bongo replies.  "Looks like we're
from the same part of the world, neighbor!"
[/Bongo]

[...]

> > [GM]
> > Kyle's trained eyes dart up and down the road.  It's now a busy morning,
> > the shops are open, market stalls erected, and everything from potions
> > to fruit are on sale.  Kyle looks back down the road towards the harbor
> > and the O'Hare and Sons weapons shop.  He notices that the sign on the
> > door says "Closed".  It appears that their friend Griz has decided to
> > take off early... very early.  It's only about 10 o'clock in the morning!
> [/GM]

> [Kyle]
> "Thats odd.  its a bit early to be closed."  Kyle heads of towards the
> shop and will go to one of the nearby shop.  He enters and ask the
> shopkeep  "You wouldn't know how long Griz will be?  I need to pick a
> few things up and he isn't open today."  If the person seems like a
> talkative person Kyle will try and get some background info on Griz.
> [/Kyle]

[GM]
The neighboring shop is a small import shop, full of baskets, ornaments,
jewelry and other goods proclaiming to be from such far off lands as
China, North America, Atlantis and the Phoenyx Empire.  The shopkeeper
is a young blonde-haired man with a thick, curly beard.

"I saw Mr. Griz leave, I did." the young man says.  "Seemed in a wee bit
of a hurry.  Looked urgent, too.  Can na' explain why he'd be heading
towards the ol' West Road.  Nothing there but faeries, and they be a
dangerous and mischevious lot.  Still, he's a strange one, Griz.  Keeps
strange friends, mainly visitors; merchants, smugglers and the like."

"Comes into my shop once a month, imagine that!  Not ten feet away, and
he stops by once a month.  Says, 'Byron, my boy, what news have you heard
from afar!' and things like that.  I've got contacts in a few places,
I'll confess, but he's always most interested in those coming from the
Americas."

The shopkeeper stops and looks thoughtfully out the window.  "Come to
think of it, just a couple of nights ago, he did have a visitor.  I was
locking up for the night when a tall figure in white robes, shiny white,
mind you, came up.  Could'na see his face, but he says 'Is there a Griz
around these parts?'  I answers, 'Aye, 'tis common knowledge.  Right next
door here, though he be closed.'  The man knocked on the door, but there
was nay answer.  I kept my eye on 'im.  Could have been a faerie trick,
they do that sort of thing from time to time.  He walked away, not even
saying thankyou for my assistance.  I forgot about it 'til now.  Griz
gets lots of visitors, though none so strange as that, I'll wager."

Aaron Clausen	mightymartianca at alberni.net

Palladium Rifts PBEM:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/rifts_pbem/