[Taocow PBEM] Chapter VI: Whence The Lizard Man?

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at alberni.net
Fri Aug 19 13:18:25 PDT 2005

> > [GM]
> > The boy wipes a few tears from his eyes and then bows.  "It's my honor
> > to serve you people." he says.  Then he darts off down the road, and
> > after he is several feet away, the sounds of crying can be heard,
> > finally silenced as he turns around a corner a number of blocks down the
> > street.
> >
> > Phaeton's eyes follow the boy as he disappears, an inscrutable look on
> > the tattooed man's face.  Lena, on the other hand, seems a little irate.
> >
> > "Very nice you two, making a little boy cry." she says.  "Well, what are
> > we all doing then?"
> > [/GM]

> [Kyle]
> "Well I am going to get my gear and going after our friend and see if I
> can't get some answers from him."
> [/Kyle]

> [Bongo]
> "I'd rather make him cry than make him a casualty," Bongo says with a
> sorrowful expression on his muzzle.  "Besides, I can track him down after
> all this is over and try to make it up to him."
> [Bongo]

[GM]
Lena snorts, clearly unimpressed.  "Try to remember what it was like when
you were a puppy." she says, and then turns to see what Arden is doing.
[/GM]

> [Bongo]
> "Now, speaking of tracking... let's find out where our scaly friend went."
> He begins sniffing about, trying to follow Griz's scent trail.
> [/Bongo]

> [Alex]
> Alex smiles, "Well, between you taking the low road and me taking the high
> road, I am pretty sure we can find where he went. No matter what else the
> Coalition does, they train us to do our jobs and do them well."

"Sometimes too well." Phaeton adds.
[/GM]

> [Arden]
> Arden shakes his head slightly, his eyes following the boy as well. He
> motions over to Rod, a wry grin on his face. "I need to speak with you on
> matters not so mundane. Magical, if you will." He nods to a quiet corner
> and starts walking towards the corner.
> [/Arden]

> [Rod Black]
> After getting to the corner Rod says in a voice quite a bit louder than
> Arden's "So what crafting needs do you have?"
> [/Rod Black]

[GM]
"What do you have in mind, Arden?" Lena asks, trying her best to smile at
Rod.
[/GM]

> [Arden]
> Arden grins at Rod's voice, then states plainly, "I need something that
> tracks recent magical activities. I know very little concerning your
> magical technology, but I'm curious if you had some way to track if there
> have been massive amounts of magic used in the general area, where and
> what kind." He looks at Rod, expecting to me laughed at... but you never
> know.
> [/Arden]

[GM]
Bongo's keen sense of smell quickly catches a whiff of Griz's unusual
reptilian scent to the north of the town, towards what is apparently some
gates.

Meanwhile, Lady Frost's analysis of the door has equal success.  It appears
to be two deadbolts, both with slightly alien-looking but still
comprehendable locks.  With a bit of effort the door should open.
[/GM]

[Osiris]
"Have you got it figured out?" Osiris asks.
[/Osiris]

Aaron Clausen	mightymartianca at alberni.net

Palladium Rifts PBEM:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/rifts_pbem/