[Taocow PBEM] Chapter IX - In The Ruins Of Old Chicago

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 12:49:05 PDT 2006

> [Talas]
> Seeing that there is only one D-Wolf left, and that it is no longer a threat, Talas
> pull outs and follows the others.
> [/Talas]

> [Ted]
> Ted puts the last D-wolf out of its misery and then follows the others.

Ted's blast finally does the critter in, blasting it into a flaming
ball of burning fur
and flesh.
[/GM]

> [Angelica]
> "Great, Kyle's in trouble! Give me cover, I'm going back for him." Angelica
> takes flight and retrieves Kyle.
> [Angelica]

> [Alex]
> "Oh Great, lets go back and get him" Alex speaks out. She thinks to
> herself 'May you live in intersting times.'
> [/Alex]

[Phaeton]
Phaeton groans, his arm soaked with blood.  "I.." he says, before he falls down.
[/Phaeton]

[Rod]
Rod runs to Phaeton's side, and, grunting, the dwarf picks him up.
"If the Coalition
are out there," he says, "then they may already have spotted our
vehicle.  Wasn't
there some sort of forest along this route?  I remember old St. Pierre
thought it was
a rather spooky place, so maybe those Deadboys won't catch a pack of D-bees
and deserters."

Without waiting for an answer, Rod moves with rather amazing speed for a dwarf
with a well-built man on his back, heading down the rubble-strewn road, quickly
outpacing Talas and Ted.
[/Rod]

> [Kyle]
> Realizing his error Kyle racks his brain for some CS Spec Force Unit he
> knows that is stationed in Old Chicago and will attempt to Bluff his was out
> of this while finding a place to hide away from the rest of his companions.
> [/Kyle]

[GM]
Kyle racks his brain, but really can't come up with anything specific.  He knows
that the units that patrol Old Chicago are pretty heavily armed.  As to hiding
places, there are hundreds of buildings still standing, or at least
partially standing.

Even as he starts searching around, he sees Alex and Angelica running towards
his location, as the radio chirps again.  "Sentry Unit Number Fourteen
to unidentified
SAMAS.  You have two seconds to identify yourself or we will open fire."

With that three SAMAS, three skycycles and a massive UAR-1 Enforcer.  Kyle
may not know the precise makeup of this unit, but there's bound to be ground
forces approaching, as well as backup.  The Coalition is notoriously
paranoid about
anyone being in Old Chicago.

Within moments, both Alex and Angelica can clearly see the UAR-1 Enforcer.
[/GM]

[Lena]
In the middle of all of this Lena cries out "Has anybody seen Osiris?"
[/Lena]

Aaron Clausen   mightymartianca at gmail.com

Palladium Rifts PBEM:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/rifts_pbem/