[Taocow PBEM] Chapter IX - In The Ruins Of Old Chicago

Troy Imlach troy_a_i at yahoo.ca
Fri Jul 28 08:34:43 BST 2006

--- Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > [GM]
> > > Of Kyle, the pterodactyl and the demon, no sign
> can be > > seen through the boiling cloud of fire.
> > > [/GM]
>
> > [Ted]
> > Ted taps the radar screen with his fingers, but it
> is no
> > use. They simply are not there anymore. "He's
> gone."
> > [/Ted]
>
> [GM]
> As the hover vehicle makes its final plunge towards
> the buildings at
> the end of the block, Lady Frost lets loose a
> veritable blizzard of
> snow.  It coats the road and the sides of the
> buildings in several
> feet of snow.
>
> At the same time Bongo makes a final attempt to slow
> the vehicle down
> and angle it into Frost's snow bank.  With only
> seconds to spare,
> Bongo manages what seems almost impossible.
>
> Still, it's a jarring crash.  The undercarriage of
> the hover vehicle
> digs through the snow, hitting pavement and
> screeching like a dying
> beast.  The thrusters whine before being torn off.
> Though it seems
> like an eternity for the passengers, the hover
> vehicle comes to rest
> only a few seconds after impact.
>
> Injuries are slight [OOC: No more than a few SDC],
> but everyone is
> pretty rattled.  Osiris's horse has gone completely
> mad, and smashes
> down the back door and bolts outside, running down
> the street and
> neying madly.
>
> Bongo's sensitive ears pick up the sound of hover
> vehicles.  Clearly
> they are still searching for the hover vehicle, and
> it won't take them
> too long to zero in on the crash sight.
> [/GM]

[Talas]
When Talas relies that everyone is OK and out of the
vehicle, he speaks to the group "My friends it Appease
that Mr. Kyle has sacrificed himself to save us from
the Demon who attacked us near the end." Talas then
looks to wear Kyle and the demon collided and recites
a short Elvin prayer. Talas then turns back to the
group and with a definite tone of Anger in his voice
asks "Now can any one tell me who these skull obsessed
men are? And why are they so intent on killing people
they have never met?"..."And in the name of all that
is holy please do not tell me that they are this
Coalition that we are to save!"  "Because I have
always gone out of my way to NOT take a non-demonic
life. But I swear I am on the verge of making an
exception for these men!"
[/Talas]