[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XIII - Of Prophecies and Visions

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 19:02:37 BST 2007

> > [GM]
> > As if on queue, the Prince strides in, a look of worry and suspicion
> > on his face.  "Ah good, you are all here." he says, taking a seat.
> > "You may have brought the Mayor some pleasure, but for me and my
> > father, you've brought only concern, and perhaps even grief."
> >
> > "I will be blunt," he continues, "I dislike mystical prophecies.  The
> > world is hard enough without having to put stock in the vague
> > prognostications of old seers.  You've caused that madman Bruth no end
> > of consternation, and while I do enjoy watching one of those silly
> > religious fanatics getting twisted into knots, I'm not such a fool
> > that I don't see that just because it's a lunatic in panic, that
> > there's no reason to panic, if you catch my meaning."

> > "I need to know right now what your purpose is here.  Are you staying?
> > Are you going, and if so, where?  Will you be awakening the Reaver?
> > We have enough normal enemies, with the Coalition breathing down our
> > necks, without some mad demon of the past looking to settle a score.
> > I'd just as soon you left, myself, but if you're going to replace
> > yourselves with trouble, then maybe it would be better if..."
> >
> > The Prince leaves the rest of the sentence unsaid, though there is a
> > peculiar and driven look in his eyes.
> > [/GM]

> [Ted]
> Ted says nothing. Instead, he waits for the others to reply, ready to attack the > prince if necessary.
> [/Ted]

> [Bongo]
> Bongo nods slowly, as if half expecting this.  "Your Highness, I can
> understand your position and would feel much the same way if our situations
> were reversed.  However, I can assure you that it has never been our
> intention to bring harm in any way to bystanders -- in fact, we have
> actually gone out of our way to ensure their safety.  As for whether or not
> we're staying... well, we never seem to stay in one place very long
> regardless."  He adds a sardonic half-grin at the end.
> [/Bongo]

"Sometimes certain acts can have, shall we say, unintentional side
effects." the Prince replies.  "This talk of the Reaver and of
Rath-Iren has been heard before.  You are not the first to come along
searching for these things.  A few years ago there was a party of
unsavory types..."

The Prince is interrupted by a knock.  In strides Major Pournelle, who
bows to the Prince, and then to the members of the party.

"Your Highness, we have a man at the front gates looking for our
guests." he says.  He looks to the party.  "He says he knows the
cyberknight Osiris through a mutual friend.  He looks to be some sort
of mage, possibly a Technowizard.  Shall I let him in, Your Majesty?"

"Yes, but keep him under guard." the Prince replies.  "This is proving
to be a most interesting meeting."

"Tell me," the Prince looks back to the party, "do any of you know
anything of this?"

Aaron Clausen   mightymartianca at gmail.com

More information about the Taocowpbem mailing list