[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XIII - Of Prophecies and Visions

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 20:49:54 BST 2007

> > [Alex]
> > The red haired shakes her head, more to herself, and looks around at her
> > long term companions. She states, "I am a simple wilderness scout by
> > trade. Maybe I learned my trade in the Coalition but we have not raiders
> > of any type."
> > [/Alex]
>
> [GM]
> The Prince gives Alex a hard look.  "Maybe the Coalition didn't have
> you raiding, but go ask our allies to the north about Free Quebec, and
> you might get another story.  By rights, I should be more concerned
> about them than about you and some demon out of the past."

> "I am from the far south, in a small village near Lone Star. My job was
> usually scouting not really heavy fighting. At least my team never
> concerned ourselves with villages" Alex responds.

"Well, I'm glad you weren't any trouble to us." the Prince says,
clearly a little agitated.  "The same can't be said of your
ex-patriots closer to our borders."
[/GM]

> > [Talas]
> > "Pardon me, Major Pournelle, But did this person happen to say what their
> > name was?"
> > [/Talas]
>
> [GM]
> "Quinn... Alister Quinn." the Major replies.  He then pulls out a
> small radio, opens a channel and instructs the guards at the gates to
> bring this Alister Quinn in.
>
> A few minutes later, three guards with energy pistols in hand appear
> with a tall, bald man in armor, carrying a rather odd-looking board
> that reminds them
> distinctly of Rod Black's hoverboard.
>
> The Prince says.  "So, Mr. Alister Quinn, what is your purpose in seeking these
> people out?"
> [/GM]

> [Carlos]
> Thinking to himself in jest, "Wizards, we don't need no stinking wizards..",
> Carlos says "How did you find about us and who sent you?"
> [/Carlos]

> [Talas]
> Talas simply nods to Quinn in acknowledgment to his bow. And waits to see what
> Osiris does.
> [/Talas]

[Osiris]
Osiris struggles to his feet, his eyes wide.

"Alister, how in the devil?" he asks.  "And, by God, you've still got
both your eyes!"
[/Osiris]

[GM]
The prince looks quizically at Osiris and Mr. Quinn.  "Apparently the
Cyberknight can vouch for Mr. Quinn?"
[/GM]

[Osiris]
"I don't know if I'd go as far as vouch for him." Osiris says.  "But
we met a couple of years ago, and he's not going to blow us up or call
the winds of hell down on us."
[/Osiris]

Aaron Clausen   mightymartianca at gmail.com