[Taocow PBEM] Chapter IX - The King Of The River

Alex Bayne hayden.bayne at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 15:39:33 GMT 2007

[Sia]
Sialillion walks outside a bit after the others.  As soon as she sees the
bloody body, she flinches and then looks away.  She doesn't react any
further.

"Not much for subtlety, it would seem." she says  "I think we can be certain
that K'murd-faka's agents are right at our heels.  Best we leave as soon as
possible."
[/Sia]

[Bongo]
> Bongo shakes his head sadly.  "I hope we didn't bring this on these
> people."
>
> He turns to Alex.  "Remember the song at the banquet?"
>
>        "Twas a day in bright June, when the sun was so bright,
>        the Reaver came calling, and our lands turned to blight.
>        'Pon farms and dales and even the womb,
>        The Reaver brought death, destruction and doom.
>
>        Now kings and queens and serfs all alike,
>        Were soon enslaved and cast into night.
>        And from the shores of the Hudson there rose such a cry,
>        Of fear and despair at this horrible time.
>
>        And the Reaver's army marched upon our fair towns.
>        And threatened to burn all about us right down.
>        But out of the North, in a land by the sea,
>        Akirax the Wolfen did hear of our need.
>
>        And so he came down with sword and with gun,
>        And as he took to the field the summer sun shone.
>
>        And in a final pitched battle Akirax did call to
>        the Reaver, and he demanded 'I lay a challenge upon you!'
>        And the Reaver did come, his sword and armor all black,
>        And to some it did seem that Akirax might turn back.
>
>        But the Wolfen prince was no coward, 'tis true,
>        And lifting his glave he rode right on through
>        The hoards of the demon and they cowered with fright,
>        For Akirax was transformed into a terrible sight.
>
>        'To Rath-Iren return, demon of Hell!'
>        Brave Prince Akirax did loudly yell.
>        And sword met sword with bone-wrenching clang,
>        And steel did join, and loudly it sang.
>
>        Prince Akirax was victorious that glorious day,
>        And the Reaver's soul fled somewhere far away.
>        And in the years that passed, when Akirax grew old,
>        The Reaver's sword he held in his hands dead and cold."
>
> "I'll wager that's the K'murd-faka, that white-skinned demon that keeps
> chasing us."
> [/Bongo]

[Sia]
Sialillion listens intently to Bongo's song, quite impressed.  "Well
delivered, Dog Boy." she offers as praise.
[/Sia]