[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XII - Through The Looking Glass Once Again

Troy Imlach troy_a_i at yahoo.ca
Wed Jul 4 08:12:53 BST 2007

> The man strums and the begins singing;
>
> "Twas a day in bright June, when the sun was so
> bright,
> the Reaver came calling, and our lands turned to
> blight.
> 'Pon farms and dales and even the womb,
> The Reaver brought death, destruction and doom.
>
> Now kings and queens and serfs all alike,
> Were soon enslaved and cast into night.
> And from the shores of the Hudson there rose such a
> cry,
> Of fear and despair at this horrible time.
>
> And the Reaver's army marched upon our fair towns.
> And threatened to burn all about us right down.
> But out of the North, in a land by the sea,
> Akirax the Wolfen did hear of our need.
>
> And so he came down with sword and with gun,
> And as he took to the field the summer sun shone.
>
> And in a final pitched Akirax did call to
> the Reaver, and he demanded "I lay a challenge upon
> you!"
> And the Reaver did come, his sword and armor all
> black,
> And to some it did seem that Akirax might turn back.
>
> But the Wolfen prince was no coward, 'tis true,
> And lifting his glave he rode right on through
> The hoards of the demon and they cowered with
> fright,
> For Akirax was transformed into a terrible sight.
>
> 'To Rath-Iren return, demon of hell!'
> Brave Prince Akirax did loudly yell.
> And sword met sword with bone-wrenching clang,
> And steel did join, and loudly it sang.
>
> Prince Akirax was victorious that glorious day,
> And the Reaver's soul fled somewhere far away.
> And in the years that passed, when Akirax grew old,
> The Reaver's sword he held in his hands dead and
> cold."
> [/GM]

[Talas]
As the young man finishes Talas applauds "Bravo my
good man bravo. You must teach me that song later, my
good man." Talas makes a mental note to pick this
minstrels brain later for any other songs he my have
that mention Rath-Iren or this Reaver.
Talas then asks one of the servants for more wine for
both himself and the mayors daughter.
[/Talas]