[Taocow PBEM] Chapter IX - The King Of The River

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 21:51:26 GMT 2007

> > > [Sialillion]
> > > "Greetings Ugul, it is a pleasure as always.  However, my business
> > > today is not with you, but with these travellers."  The woman elf's
> > > voice is quiet and lyrical, and her tone has a calming and meditative
> > > quality.  She speaks American with a charming Elven accent.
> > > [/Sialillion]

> > [GM]
> > Ugul bows, but there's a faint glint of animosity in his eyes.
> > [/GM]

> [Sialillion]
> Sialillion smiles back at Ugul, returning the dwarf's icy glare for  just a
> moment before returning her attention to the adventurers as though
> nothing had happened.
> [/Sialillion]

[...]

> > [Sia]
> > "I can even offer you... well, it is really best that we speak
> > privately of it, but let's just say I have a couple items that will
> > help you along your way."
> > [/Sia]

> [Bongo]
> "Well then, m'lady," Bongo says finally, "let us finisih re-equiping
> ourselves and then we'll find a nice place to talk.  Two of our
> companions are elsewhere at the moment."
> [/Bongo]

> [Sialillion]
> Sialillion looks around at the weaponry and other technology around
> her as if seeing it all for the first time.  Her look and slightly
> wrinkled nose betrays a momentary incredulity, a slight distaste.
> ('Oh, THIS stuff'?)  Finally she replies, "Very well.   I shall await
> you outside."
>
> As soon as Ted questions Sia a bit of frustration flares up in her.
> But overall, Sia is much more excited than she lets on, and seems
> full of nervous tension, anticipation, and curiosity. She doesn't
> seem hostile, however.
> [/Sialillion]

> > [Osiris]
> > The old cyberknight smiles gently.  "You must forgive our caution, Lady
> > Sialillion." he says.  "We have been through so many things.  There are
> > those that seek us to aid us, but there are others..."
> > [/Osiris]

> [Ted]
> Ted turns to the Elf. "Please forgive my lack of tact. Perhaps we have been
> through too much lately."
> [/Ted]

> [Sialillion]
> "Your apologies are unnecessary, Cyberknight... we live in dangerous
> times, and many people are not what they seem.  You do rightly to be
> cautious.  You and your companions have little to fear from me,
> however... but I'm afraid I can give little more than my word."
>
> With that, she sweeps around to depart, her black cloak twirling
> around her body as she moves towards the door.
>
> "Oh," she adds over her shoulder with a crooked half-smile,  "and a
> most pleasant day to you, Ugul."  She opens the door and a slight gust
> of cold air enters the shop.  As she steps out, she extends her right
> arm.  The crow perched on the rafter overhead flies up and then sweeps
> low over the shop,  coming within a few feet of Ugul's head then
> quickly flying out the door and landing elegantly on Sialillion's
> outstretched arm.  The door swings shut behind her.
> [/Sialillion]

[GM]
Ugul swipes in vain at the bird and curses in his native tongue under his
breath, before breaking out a smile again.  "Now, my lady," he says to Alex,
"which one of these are you interested in?"
[/GM]

[Bongo]
Bongo, impressed by the Elf and her bird, gathers up a few E-clips and waits by
the armor for his turn.  He's desperately in need of some new armor.
[/Bongo]

[Meanwhile...]

> > [GM]
> > The young woman looks angrily at Alister.  "Get... some... things...
> > together...  What do I look like, a slave?  Over there is TK stuff, over
> > there magical stuff, and over there, self-contained stuff.  Oh yeah, and
> > > in the corner, a few enchanted blades, not strictly TW stuff, but
> > y'know.  A better idea, why don't you tell me what you're looking for?"
> > [/GM]

> [Alister]
> A bit taken aback, Alister says "Slaves come in many forms, but what
> you apparently are not is someone who's interested in making a sale.
> You must have very good business to be able to be so flipant with a
> customer... Come Talas, let's talk about what I can make you instead of
> shopping here."  With that, Alister heads for the door.
> [/Alister]

[...]

> > [GM]
> > The girl turns to Talas.  "Well, then, what do *you* want?  Are you  psychic,
> > or just a pain in the ass?"  Despite the obvious hostility, there's a bit
> > of a smile when she looks at Talas.  When she looks back at Alister, there's
> > no smile, however."
> > [/GM]

> [Talas]
> Talas, returning the girl's smile, says "Actually My Lady, I have been known
> to be all three, psychic, pain and mage. But at moment I am looking for
> some form of protection. What would you suggest?"
> [/Talas]

[...]

> [Talas]
> Talas watches Alister walk out the door and then turns back to the girl
> and with a smile "It was a pleasure meeting you my Lady." And then turns
> to follow Alister.
> [Talas]

[GM]
The young woman looks genuinely surprised, but just stands there as Alister
and Talas walk out the door.

As they walk out on to the street, Alister and Talis see Major Pournelle still
standing there, and a beautiful Elf come walking out of the weapons store, and
look at them with some recognition.

As for Sialillion, she sees the Elf and the bald-headed Technowizard, and
recognizes them immediately from the King's report.

Major Pournelle sees them.  "Ah, Lady Sialillion, these are the other
two members
of the party; Talas and Alister.  What seems to be the problem, has
that miserable
young girl chased you out?  She's not much of a conversationalist, though I'm
told she's a skilled technowizard."

Aaron Clausen   mightymartianca at gmail.com