[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XV - The Demon's Minions

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 20:55:05 GMT 2008

OOC: Just to let everyone know, Bongo's former player is wishing you
all good luck!

> > [Bongo]
> > Bongo follows Sia.  "I wouldn't have minded having my new armor
> > ready. Let's not forget that, or are stuff, which has apparently been
> > taken upstairs already by our good patron."
> > [/Bongo]

> [Ted]
> "I would prefer having my armor first as well," the lizard man states,
> holding back. He adds telepathically to Bongo, *Besides, I would like
> you to look at this sword I got earlier. It has an inscription I am
> curious about.*
> [/Ted]

> [Bongo]
> Bongo beams back to Ted *I'm not sure we have time.  Lady Siaillion
> has said they're trying to get away.*
> [/Bongo]

> [Ted]
> *Put it on our to-do list.*
> [/Ted]

> [Sia]
> Sialillion says to Ted, a bit exasperatedly "If we wait for you all to
> be ready in your armor they will have already escaped.  If you come
> now I can promise you some level of magical protection, should it
> come  to that... and I have a feeling that whatever they muster
> against us   will most likely be magic as well.  I wouldn't ask you to
> needlessly   endanger yourselves, but if you really must put on your
> armor, I will go on ahead."
> [/Sia]

> [Ted]
> "Relax, Sia. Bongo and I are coming with you. I would just prefer to
> be as prepared as possible," Ted replied. "Perhaps I can get Talas to
> cast an armor spell on me en route."
> [/Ted]

> [Talas]
> "I am sorry Mr. Ted, but I think it is Mr. Alister you are thinking of."
> Talas then turns to Sia "Lady Sialillion perhaps we should let those of
> us who need armour to go and get it while those of us who do not,
> go on ahead to deal with these men." The last two word dripping with
> venomous hate.
> [/Talas]

> [Ted]
> "If it is truly that urgent, I can do without armor," the lizard man
> replies. "Just be ready to pick up any body parts that get dropped
> along the way."
> [/Ted]

> [Sia]
> Sialillion nods to Talas.  "Very well.  We go."  With that, Sialillion
> leads the way towards Warden's Street, letting those who would
> follow   follow, and those who would stay behind find their own way.
> [/Sia]

> [Alister]
> "Alas, my spell casting abilities are diminished if they aren't
> channeled through devices.  I do have a back up belt with Armor of
> Ithan, if it comes to that"
> [/Alister]

> [Alex]
> The CS teaches all of its troops, dogs boys and humans, that to face
> [...]

[Bongo]
Bongo follows the others up to their room and quickly grabs his crappy
old armor and his weapons.  "I'll put them on as we go." he says as he
runs down the stairs.
[/Bongo]

[GM]
It still takes a couple of minutes for everyone to reassemble, but
soon enough they are making their way Warden's Street.  A light snow
begins to fall as they approach the entrance to the dark, unlit
street.  Those with optics or very keen eyes can make out, about two
hundred feet away and just within an alley, a small fire.  One person
can be seen kicking something into the fire, and another is about ten
feet away, walking down the street and saying something.
[/GM]

[Bongo]
Bongo whispers "The one walking away, a man, is saying 'Come on, fool.
 There's no time.'"
[/Bongo]

[Amanda]
"Who can run fast?" Amanda says.  "Some of us should try to cut them
off."  Not waiting for an answer she ducks down another alley, her
body beginning to shimmer and transform into ice even as she
disappears into the darkness.
[/Lady Frost]

[Osiris]
Hobbling forward, Osiris mutters "I'm no runner anymore, but I am a
fighter."  With that he enters the street, moving slowly along the
wall.  Though trying to be quiet, his unsteady legs cause him to
stumble, and  he falls into a wall and dislodges a few loose bricks
with a loud clatter.
[/Osiris]

[GM]
The two men immediately stop what they're doing and look towards the
company.  An orb of light appears near the short, orcish fellow by the
fire.  He cries out in a thick Gobbley "Yrcha-pak!", the meaning of
which is pretty clear even to non-Gobbley speakers.  The orc-man whips
out a sword, the runes of which can be seen glowing bright red.  A
long staff appears from under the other's cloaks, looking at a distant
almost like living wood, with a greenish gem atop it.
[/GM]

[OOC]
Okay, combat time!  For those that haven't experienced yet, I place
fast-and-loose with the combat system, because otherwise it would be
unworkable.  I will roll up Initative for everyone.  Remember, to make
for less posting, do moves like "I try to kick him in the head, and if
that works I give him a roundhouse, otherwise I try to jump out of the
way to stop him entangling me."
[/OOC]

[Initiative - highest to lowest]
Bongo
Carlos
Enemy #1
Ted
Talas
Sia
Alister
Amanda/Lady Frost
Enemy #1
Alex
Osiris
[/Iniative]

[Bongo]
Bongo shouts "Stop!" and fires his NG45-LP energy pistol at the feet
of the orcish fellow, blowing a hole in the pavement and knocking the
fellow back.
[/Bongo]

OOC: Alright then, carry on...

Aaron Clausen   mightymartianca at gmail.com