[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XVI - Into The Southlands

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Sat May 24 00:24:04 BST 2008

> > [GM]
> > While Koba cannot read the language, his familiarity
> > with demons and such suggests that something about
> >  the writing.  It's in some sort of hieroglyphic, and many
> > of the glyphs seem to be quite suggestive of demons.
> > There are continuous repeatings of the symbol of an eye
> >  dripping blood, which may be some sort of a warding
> > symbol.
> >
> > As to the chamber itself, it is quite smoothly hewn, as if
> > by a machine.  The lights themselves seem to be small
> > balls of glass inset into the ceiling.  on the floor are some
> > black marks; carbon and soot, probably from the burning
> > of candles or incense.
> >
> > Even as Ted and Koba study the chamber, the floor begins
> > to heave as if by a violent earthquake.  The symbols on the
> > wall of the bleeding eye light up with the bright blue of
> > mystical energy.
> >
> > A loud voice booms out "Who dares disturb the slumber of
> > Akirax!  And who dares bring a demon on to this sacred
> > ground!"

> Ted looks around. Frost is gone; who else could the voice be
> referring to? He raises his rifle as he addresses both Carlos
> and Koba. "All right, which one of you is the demon?
> Quickly: raise your hand."
> [/Ted]

> [Carlos]
>  "I was just about to ask the same thing." Carlos pinches
> himself and pokes around at the skin at various parts of
> his body. "I don't think I'm a demon. At least I don't feel like
> one." He also raises his rifle in a defensive posture. "Ted,
> you don't look quite human. Are you sure you're not a
> demon?  Koba? Where do you come from again?"
> [/Carlos]

> [Koba]
> "100% Human my friends. Ted, I don't think that rifle is
> going to help any.  Frost said that there was a commotion
> on the ship. Maybe something was following us."
> [/Koba]

> [Ted]
> "Genetically engineered by humans," the lizard man replies.
> "As mortal as both of you."
> [/Ted]

> [Koba]
> With that Koba clears his throat as he turns and faces the
> door. He raises his voice to respond to the booming voice
> doing his best not to sound as nervous as he is. "I address
> Akirax. We are those who represent people living in this
> land you once protected from the demons. This area was
> once made safe due to your courage and skill. It had
> become a place for the innocent to build lives under your
> protection. Now a new threat has introduced itself, and
> those innocent are again suffering under the hands of the
> demons and their servants. We do not knowingly bring a
> demon to your home, but they are inescapable these days.
> You once acted in a time of great need as a hero and a
> champion, but again the people and the land call for their
> defender. We humbly ask for your skill and wisdom once
> [...]

[GM]
"IMPOSSIBLE" the voice shouts, so loud that it can be heard from
the boat on the river.  "The K'murd-faka was driven from this
dimension.  While the Sword of Akirax remains intact, the demon
cannot reform its body.  You are liars, liars who bring a demon to
disturb the slumber of Akirax."

All the shaking stops.  There is absolute silence.  Then, beneath
their feet, they feel a subsonic rumble.

mightymartianca at gmail.com