[Taocow PBEM] [Koba, Justin, Ted, Carlos, Owen, Louissa] Book 3 - Chapter VI - Down Another Rabbit Hole

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 19:40:18 UTC 2011

>> [GM]
>> There are shackles and manacles hanging off the wall, all very old
>> and very rusty, to the point where they look like they might fall
>> apart without too much effort. There are some faint markings that
>> look almost like scrape marks, like someone's fingernails or claws
>> were scraping the side of the wall. It's hard to tell what exactly
>> might have made them without getting in the cell to get a closer
>> look.
>>
>> The girl herself is in rags, seems thing almost to the point of
>> emaciation, and has dirt smeared on her face.
>> [/GM]

> [Koba]
> "Ted. Where did this little girl come from? Strange for her to be
> down here in the first place."
> [/Koba]

> [Ted]
> "Careful, guys. She was an old woman a moment ago. She has other
> powers, too, but seems to need us to get out of the cell," Ted
> answers aloud. Without taking his eye-light off the girl, he
> telepathically asks Owen what he can discern about her that the
> others cannot.
> [/Ted]

[Owen]
Owen pauses for a moment, a look of concentration on his face.  After a
moment he relaxes again.

"Sorry Ted." he says.  "Her aura looks like that of a little girl.  No
magic, no psychic powers, no possessing entities, anything like that.
If she's a shape shifter, I'm not sensing an aberrations of any kind."
[/Owen]

[Louissa]
Louissa looks at Ted a little oddly for a moment.  "Well, Ted may be
imagining things, and maybe he locked her up, though I've been with him
long enough to know that's not his style, not unless he had to, or
thought he had to, anyways.  And Koba's right, this doesn't exactly look
like a place that you would find a little girl."

Louissa walks up to the bars and bends down.  "Little girl.  How did you
come to be here, in this place?"
[/Louissa]

[GM]
"I found the door." the girl snivels pathetically.  "I was poking around
and found it and opened it.  That was days ago, I don't know how long.
I heard people here, but I was scared.  Then the lizard man... he found
me, and started talking crazy things about some 'other' and about
finding it.  Then he pointed a gun at me and made me get in the cell and
said he'd leave me here forever!"

She begins weeping again.  "Oh please, miss, let me out of here!  I'm
scared and I'm hungry and I missy my mommy!"
[/GM]

[Louissa]
"Okay, little one." Louissa says gently. "Just settle down.  I've got to
talk to my companions."

She gestures for everyone else to move out of earshot.  "Listen," she
says quietly, "maybe Owen can't sense anything weird, but it's still
weird to me.  What do we do?  I don't want to leave a little girl to
die, but I sure don't want to free some demon just because we can't
sense anything wrong with it."

She looks at Ted squarely.  "What do you want us to do.  You said she's
really an old woman.  What did the old woman say?"
[/Louissa]

mightymartianca at gmail.com