[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter V - England

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 20:31:00 UTC 2011

>> [GM]
>> Alex plunges the dagger back into the demon [Strike: 20, not
>> natural, Damage: 27MD]. This time, however, the roar is cut off.
>> The demon's red skin begins to turn to grey. It's eyes widen and it
>> whimpers "No..."
>>
>> Meanwhile, the blade seems almost to weld itself to Alex's hand as
>> it burrows into the demon's seemingly impregnable flesh. In
>> moments, the wound is nearly eight inches wide and Alex's arm is
>> buried up to her elbow.
>>
>> For a moment nothing seems to happen, and then there is blinding
>> flash. The demon's body, now clearly a corpse, seems to sag like a
>> deflated balloon.
>>
>> Alex, on the other hand, is glowing brightly. Her eyes are
>> literally shining as she stands over the demon's corpse. The knife
>> itself is literally singing, like a high pitched pipe organ.
>>
>> Justin's dogs, Poby and Deem, bark frantically and with a tinge of
>> fear, backing away from Alex. Their tails certainly aren't between
>> their legs, but they don't look nearly as brave as they did when
>> facing the demon.
>> [/GM]

> [Justin]
> Justin will (without touching anyone or anything) use See Aura
> followed by Psychic Diagnosis on Alex. He won't back away just yet,
> but anything that can make one of his great-uncle's hunting hounds
> nervous is usually worthy of respect. He will ask Alex, however:
> "You OK?"
> [/Justin]

>> [GM]
>> Meanwhile, in the forest, Koba is still being pulled back back
>> powerful vines. Carlos and Owen, faced with a rather angry looking
>> group of faeries, are stunned.
>>
>> Even more stunning is a large rock about fifteen feet away suddenly
>> lifting out of the ground on hinges and a broad-faced man with a
>> long flowing white beard popping his head up. Another man, with a
>> black beard quickly follows. Both are wearing silvery helms and
>> look to have some rather medieval looking hauberks on.
>>
>> "Oy, you two, get yer mates and move!" the older white-haired one
>> shouts. "Them faeries are right pissed at those Kittani, and they
>> won't give a dragon's turd whether you guys are Splugorth minions
>> or not."

> "And who might you be?" Ted asks, moving closer to the rock while
> keep one eye over his shoulder.

The white haired one shakes his head.  "Oy, you outlanders are a silly
bunch of bastards.  My name is Snoru son of Frisu and the handsome young
lad to my right is my son, Thur.  We've been sent by the Lady expressly
to save your sorry hides.  If you don't like the offer, well, we'll
gladly stuff up this tunnel and head back to our forges where we've got
no lack of better things to do."