[Taocow PBEM] [Everyone Back Together] Book 3 - Chapter VI - Down Another Rabbit Hole

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 06:29:15 UTC 2011

>> Meanwhile, for everyone on the surface, the tentacles have all
>> gone into the water. Both Justin and Lady Frost have yet to
>> surface, and the pool is literally roiling and spilling over, and
>> turning a very dark shade of blue. Moments later, bits of ice start
>> surfacing as well.
>> [/GM]

>> [Little Girl/Thing]
>> The little girl who was following Ted out of the side-passage
>> points at the pool and laughs. "The Grimla'ar has got them. This
>> should be fun."
>> [/Little Girl/Thing]

> [Ted]
> "And why is that?" the lizard man asks the crone. He still has his
> sword drawn, but makes no threatening moves with it. "What do you
> know that you are not tell us?"
> [/Ted]

[Little Girl/Thing]
"I know what any prisoner would know about her fellow prisoners." the
girl answers, still giggling.  "The Grimla'ar enjoys playing with its
food before it eats it, and this Grimla'ar has been without food or toys
for a very long time."

She sits down and begins playing with her.

"I have said I would help you.  These others, they do not interest me,
and do not need me, so I have no desire to intervene on their behalf."
[/Little Girl/Thing]

>> [Louissa]
>> Louissa shouts "What do we do? If we shoot into the pool we might
>> hit them?"
>> [/Louissa]

> [Alex]
> To the blade she asks, "Curious, could eat the soul of that thing
> and kill it."
>
> At the same time, she is thinking 'Boy am I insane.'

The blade responds without words, but Alex feels a warm, approving
feeling all over her body.  It's literally all she can do to stop
herself from leaping at the creature right then and there.
[/GM]

> [Justin]
> Justin will bite a valve in the mouthpiece of his armor, flooding a
> resonance chamber in the helmet. He'll then quip to Frost "That
> didn't quite work the way I envisioned. So, any bright ideas?"
>
> Justin will try his strength against that of the tentacle. It's
> worth a shot, after all. If that fails, he'll manifest a Psi-Sword
> and start sawing at the tentacle.
> [/Justin]

[GM]
Justin feels the tentacle give slightly, but not enough.  As strong as
he and the armor are, the tentacle is that much more.  The psi-sword
cuts into the tentacle, and more of the dark blue liquid pours out of
new wounds, and he feels the tentacle's hold weaken, but he can now make
out the bottom approaching, covered in slime and filth.  He and Frost
will likely strike the bottom before he can really damage the tentacle...

Meanwhile, above, there is chaos, as knights, along with the new
stranger, the Wolfen priest rush to the edge of the pool.

The priest shouts, "If they cannot free themselves, then we must go
after them!"

mightymartianca at gmail.com