[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter VIII - New Camelot

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue May 22 19:37:02 UTC 2012

>> [The King]
>> The King looks to Ted. "If you are able to join us, you are welcome
>> to, otherwise my guards will take you to your quarters to rest."
>>
>> The King then turns to the others. "The palace and the city will be
>> searched high and low for her." he says. "But if you would like to
>> help, you certainly have my permission. Perhaps we can meet tomorrow
>> morning. I owe you all that much. Sir Prrcyvel will help you look for
>> Lady Louissa."
>>
>> With that the King and his guards turn and leave the dungeon.
>> [/The King]

>> [Sir Prrcyvel]
>> "Well Osmar, old chap, it looks like no banquet tonight!" he laughs,
>> as he leads the company out of the dungeon. "Where would you like to
>> start? In the room she and your brain-controlled friend were sitting
>> in up until the attack?"
>> [/Sir Prrcyvel]

> [Oz]
> The German man smiled at the knight. "That sounds as good a place to
> begin as anywhere. Perhaps you could send a runner to the Kingdom of
> Poughkipsee's embassy in case she finds her way there?" He paused for
> a moment before going on in a quieter voice. "Have you ever seen
> anything like those floating brains, old bean? Any chance they're some
> sort of typical English thing and nothing to worry about? It would
> take a load off my mind to not think they're some sort of Splooford
> advance agents."
> [/Oz]

> [Alex]
> "I can see if I might be able to track on her radio if she is still
> carrying it," the red headed scout states. "Far form a sure thing but I
> think it is worth a try. Anybody want to tag along with me or have your
> own ideas for searching? Always good to have backup however."

> "I will go with you,  I know there is a spell that can locate someone.
> Sadly I don't posses it but perhaps someone in this enchanted
> kingdom does."

> "Thanks, first rule of soldiers is to always work in pairs," she states.
> "Granted, as a ranger, one often has to operate independently."
> [/Alex]

> [Oz]
> "Tag along where? Shouldn't we start in the room where Louissa was
> last seen?" Oz looks confused, but more engaged than he had been since
> they reached safety. Relative safety, anyway, with giant floating
> brains everywhere.
> [/Oz]

> [Vesper]
> "I'm willing to start wherever any of you are. You knew her better than
> I and maybe she left some clues for us to find behind."

As the company and Sir Prrcyvel make their way up to the main level,
an alarm suddenly blares in the distance.
[/GM]

[Sir Prrcyvel]
"That's an armory alarm!" Sir Prrcyvel shouts. "Someone is trying to
break into one of the armories."

He doesn't even wait for the company [OOC: I assume you all follow
him] but breaks out into a run.
[/Sir Prrcyvel]

[GM]
Moments later the alarm quite suddenly stops. A voice is heard over a
loud speaker. "False alarm! Repeat... false alarm."
[/GM]

[Sir Prrcyvel]
"This place is falling to pieces, I tell you!" the knight laughs. He
then shows them to a door. "This is where Lady Louissa was waiting,
and where Ted should have been sent after his interview."
[/Sir Prrcyvel]

[GM]
The door reveals a room with a luxurious looking sofa, chairs, a table
with fruit, some of it half-eaten, on it. There is a curtain at the
back of the room. The sofa looks a little ruffled, as if someone had
just been laying on it not long before.

Out in the hallway, Oz and Vesper notice something odd, a door about
30 feet down the hall that looks like it has a dent in it, and a trail
of something; paint, liquid, something, leading to a door on the other
side of the hallway.
[/GM]

[Sir Prrcyvel]
"When you're done here, perhaps we can check the CCTV system." Sir
Prrcyvel offers.
[/Sir Prrcyvel]

mightymartianca at gmail.com