[Taocow PBEM] [Alex and Vesper] Book 3 - Chapter X - The Quest For Louissa

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 20:23:58 UTC 2012

>> [Justin]
>> Justin nods, then broadcasts to Sir Prrcyvel and Oz "I'm on way."
>>
>> He immediately turns, and starts running down the rock slide and is
>> quickly out of site, though his power armor legs can be heard
>> "tromping" for a little while.
>> [/Justin]

>>> [Vesper]
>>> He then looked to Alex, "Alright let's proceed."
>>> Unslinging his rifle and allowing his familiar out he readied himself.
>>> [/Vesper]

> [Alex]
> "Well, I guess we might as well," Alex responds. "Cannot keep up with
> him in a power armor anyway."
>
> With that she will carefully but rapidly pick her way across the
> collapsed shale.
>
> "Wish I understood why somebody went through all this trouble to kidnap
> her. Seems like I have been feeling lost constantly. It is like
> something I just don't understand."

> "Your not alone there, the very fact we are working together instead
> of at each others throats is kind of new to me."
>
> "I will agree with you though this is a lot of effort. Beyond her being
> your friend is she politically important that perhaps a rival kingdom
> would want to do this, or do you think this has more to do with the
> demon child who was with Ted ?"

As the two adventurers talk, they make their way over the stony
ground. Here and there are a few stands of trees. They have a
reasonably good vantage point, and behind them can see New Camelot in
the distance, though the air is oddly hazy. For the first time it
seems strange to them that this high hill wasn't noticeable as they
approached the forest in pursuit of Louissa.

In front of the two, however, is the oddest sight of all. As they
approach, the fog bank looms larger and larger, until they are
standing right in front of it, and it looms high into the sky. The
feeling as they get closer is almost electric, like a buzzing. Vesper
can definitely sense a major dimensional anomaly of some kind, though
while the fog bank is substantial, it still appears to be a mist, and
not a solid feature.

Somewhere within the fog bank, though it sounds miles away, can be
heard gunfire and screams.

mightymartianca at gmail.com