[Taocow PBEM] [Oz] Book 3 - Chapter X - The Quest For Louissa

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 20:17:41 UTC 2013

>> [GM]
>> The man stares down at the ground for a few moments, clearly
>> contemplating Oz's words.
>>
>> "We know the Splugorth are coming." the man says. "And the Hook said
>> he'd fight them to the last, but he... we've been bandits a long time.
>> The King's likely just to lock us up if we give in. Any way you look
>> at it, we get a collar 'round our necks."
>>
>> The man drops his voice. "Tell you what. I'll tell 'bout the magic
>> that keeps us bandits safe, if you untie me, give me a gun and let me
>> go. Trust me, you won't see me again." The man seems a rat. A scared
>> rat, but a rat nonetheless.
>>
>> One of the prisoners shouts out, "What you talking about Tommy?" One
>> of the guardsmen gives the other prisoner a swift kick. "You say
>> anything, an' we'll skin ya!" the other prisoner says between clenched
>> teeth.
>>
>> "Shall I gag this one, Sir?" the guardsman asks.
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> Oz shook his head. "Put them both (OOC: there was an adult and a kid,
> other than the one I'm talking to, I think) in one of the trucks for
> transport to back to the city, restrained and under guard. I'm going
> to keep talking to our friend Tom here for a few minutes."
> [/Oz]

[GM]
The guard nods. In short order, the other prisoners are hustled away.
[/GM]

> [Oz]
> He waited until Tom was the only prisoner remaining. "What is this
> magic you mentioned?"
> [/Oz]

[GM]
"You look like a man to do business." he says. "An' front what I hear
o' the battle, the Hood's no damned good to me."

The man leans forward. "Whole camp is surrounded by a fog.. a mist.
The Hood bought it from some mage. Shifts the whole place in to some
other dimension... a pocket dimension I think they call it. If you
don't have one of the special lamps, you'll likely stay lost in that
fog forever. Wherever you see a trail marked with stones leading into
the fog, reach inside and feel for a lamp."

The man looks mighty pleased with himself. "An' just to show you I'm a
fair minded bloke. You ain't the first person I told. Little girl
asked me a few hours back, an' paid handsomely for the information.
Now it's your turn to pay up. Where's that gun?"

mightymartianca at gmail.com