[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter XII - Journey to the Millennium Tree

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 20:14:46 UTC 2013

>>> [Vesper]
>>> "Most beings like her are notoriously resistant to medications,
>>> drugs and poisons. If we do have something we may have to give
>>> her massive quantities of the substance." [/Vesper]
>>> [/Vesper]

>>> [Alex]
>>> "Is it worth a try?" Alex asks. "Sorry about jumping the gun
>>> back there. Got confused what the plan was."
>>> [/Alex]

>>> [Vesper]
>>> "We can certainly give it a shot, or give her a shot at least. As
>>> for you, I am just glad your safe. It turned out alright just
>>> some extra dings in peoples armor." He smiled to Alex and let
>>> those skilled with medicine handle any sedating of the creature.
>>> [/Vesper]

> [Ted]
> "Is there someway to magically constrain her to do what we want her
> to do?" Ted asked, knowing that even in a weakened state, she might
> be difficult to control if she decided to go against them.

>> One of the soldiers, a medic by his insignia, fetches a medkit
>> from the APC and goes to the ATV. He gives a nod to Ted and
>> Louissa, and then pulls out five needles and five vials.
>>
>> "This is amobarbital." the medic says. "Strongest stuff I've got.
>> This much of it would kill a normal humanoid. We'll see."
>>
>> He jabs the first needle in, then the second, third and fourth.
>> The girl moans and moves a little, but does nothing else. He grabs
>> the fifth needle and is about to jab it in her arm when her eyes
>> open. There's a loud squishy popping sound and the medic falls
>> over, blood and brain matter spewing out on to the back seat of the
>> ATV from suddenly empty eye sockets.
>>
>> The girl's eyes open and she roars like she was fifty feet tall
>> and then, just as quickly, her eyes roll back into her head and
>> she seems to lapse into unconsciousness.
>>
>> Unfortunately, that roar was loud enough to be heard a long ways
>> away, and the scout reports to Oz "It looks like the Splugorth on
>> the dam have been alerted to our presence. The skycycles are
>> heading in your direction."

> "With a lesser creature I could attempt some control, with a greater
> beast of chaos like this. It is..."
>
> Vesper winces seing the medic get attacked and his eyes sucked out.
> "Oh by the maker !" He checks on the man to see if he is still
> alive.

The man is very much dead.

> The wilderness scout draws both her dagger and the spear head,
> stands over the girl's head. Puts them both against the girl's neck.
> "You utter another sound, we will see which is more deadly to you."
> She looks to see if there is one that the girl fears more but keeps
> her mind locked down to protect from psychic attack. "If I sense you
> trying to attack me, they will both go into your neck. Nod you head
> very slowly if you understand."
> [/Alex]

[Girl/Monster]
The girl's eyes flutter open, and despite their apparent child-like
appearance, Alex can sense extreme malice. Still, there is a semi-glazed
look to them, the massive dose of sedatives the medic gave to her before
she killed him are at least having a temporary effect.

Very slowly, the monster in a girl's body nods, but in no other way
moves or attempts an attack on Alex.
[/Girl/Monster]

> [Ted]
> The lizardman readied his rifle and took aim at the approaching
> skycycles. Once within range and sure he would not miss, he fired.

Ted can't see the skycycles yet, though he is pretty sure he can hear
them. It sounds like they've split up, one is coming from the north and
one from the south. They may not have spotted you yet, but how long can
it be before two skycycles spot an APC, two ATVs and a number of armored
people standing beside them?
[/GM]

[Jacek the Borg]
Jacek, seeing Ted prepare, turns to his own men. "Get into positions, men."

Jacek then turns to Oz. "Well, Knight Commander, what's your plan now?
By what I can hear, I figure we have no more than sixty seconds before
we're spotted."
[/Jacek the Borg]

mightymartianca at gmail.com