[Taocow PBEM] [Alex] Book 3 - Chapter XII - Journey to the Millennium Tree

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 19:44:40 UTC 2013

>> [Oz]
>> "We are not engaging, remember? Do not engage the enemy. Get
>> an estimate of numbers and strength and return to the unit. Avoid
>> contact. Do not engage."
>> [/Oz]

OOC: Lightly editing Alex's post.

> [Alex]
> "Sorry, misunderstood your instructions," Alex responds. "Ted, I think we
> should move the vehicle so that anything come this way does not find out.
> I can leave cover since I screwed up."

> "Roger that." Ted responds.

> She looks where she might use cover.

Alex finds some cover behind a large snow bank covering some tall
stones. Off to her right, she sees Vesper and the scouts, who clearly
are beginning to retreat after Alex's shot at the Splugorth minions
below.

A cloud of smoke appears along the top of the hill, hiding the
Splugorth. Then she notices a shimmering field suddenly appear in
front of her, and then a large BOOM! A mortar shell has struck what
was obviously some sort of energy field, stopping it dead in its
tracks, doing her no injury but leaving behind a large crater of snow
and dirt.

By now Vesper and the scouts are in full retreat down the hill, save
for one scout perhaps a hundred feet away from her, who is clearly
remaining as pointman. It's at that point that she hears several harsh
voices. Out of the cloud comes two very tall Splugorth minions [OOC:
Kydians, though Alex may not know that]. They open fire on the
pointman, who returns some fire, and then stops firing. Through the
smoke and the steam from the energy weapon fire, Alex cannot tell
which. Thus far these Splugorth have not seen her, however.

mightymartianca at gmail.com