[Taocow PBEM] [Oz] Book 3 - Chapter XVII

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 22:42:40 UTC 2015

>> [GM]
>> And then, as if out of nowhere (or perhaps out of nowhere) one of the
>> creatures appears. This one, while it looks like the others, is ten
>> feet tall, completely naked save for a black crown on its head. The
>> crown holds a single bluish gemstone that flickers with energy. The
>> ship's defenders fire on the creature, but it simply raises its hand,
>> and the bursts of energy simply fizzle a dozen feet away from it. It
>> shouts some horrible ritual in a great booming voice that sounds like
>> "Ktang-num-kuruk-umbugutaku!" then clenches its fists in the air.
>> Despite the captain's attempts to pull back, the ship is being dragged
>> towards the ten foot tall creature, picking up speed as it approaches.
>> Within moments it will crash into the pyramid at at least 40 miles per
>> hour.
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> Oz cursed fluently in a language that wasn't German as he rushed to the bow.
> "Get me rail guns or missiles! Physical weapons- he's energy shielded!" He
> switched his assassin's rifle from energy to physical rounds and took aim as
> soon as he was in place.
> [/Oz]
>
> OOC: He's got the JA Juicer's rifle that does lasers and regular sniper
> rounds, so he'll switch from energy to physical bullets.

6,20,16

[GM]
Oz fires the 7.62mm rounds into the Malig [Strikes: 11, Natural 20,
21]. Oz's guess is right that the field the super-Malig has surrounded
itself with deflects energy attacks, but is much reduced against
physical attacks [OOC: half damage for SDC rounds]. The bullets pierce
the shield and inflict damage on the creature [Damage: 10SDC, 23SDC,
11SDC]. Despite their lowered velocity, the rounds punch into the
creature's head and chest.

The bullets tear away the foul greenish-yellowish flesh. If this is a
Malig, it is completely different than the one that Oz saw cut in two
in the hold a few minutes ago. There is almost no blood, as if the
flesh is pasted on top of the skull. The skull of the thing is
completely exposed, and it is humanoid enough in appearance, but
instead of eyes it has blazing small orbs of light in otherwise empty
sockets. The skull, teeth and jaw are bone white, with red raw strips
of muscle holding the jaw and neck together. The muscle and the bone
are unharmed. If it looks like anything, it resembles the organic
equivalent of a full conversion Borg. There is an odd feature off to
one side of the skull; a brownish fleshy protuberance that looks like
a small loaf of bread, save it has veins in it that pulse.

The creature roars, clenches its fists together and the ship lurches
forward, no only a hundred feet from crashing into the pyramid and
closing fast.

mightymartianca at gmail.com