[CrackMonkey] TNICNAZ, old chum!

Paul J Collins sneakums at eircom.net
Thu Jul 13 13:32:35 PDT 2000

    Don> begin  Mike Goldman quotation of Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 03:03:53PM -0400:
    >> Interesting -- Sam Adams is *everywhere* in Pittsburgh, used to be brewed
    >> by Iron City right in town under contract from the Boston Beer Co.

    Don> All Samuel Adams products are brewed under contract. Boston
    Don> Beer Co. is like Nike -- they outsource everything.  And the
    Don> beer kind of sucks.  They got smacked down on trying to
    Don> trademark "The Best Beer In Amarica" though.

Like most of the beer we get here, then.  Carlsberg is brewed by
Guinness, and Heineken is brewed by Murphy's; both of these are piss.
Guinness is brewed locally in the country of sale (in general, anyway)
and so its quality is rather dependent on the quality of the local
ingredients (I'm told the water is a major factor in this) and the
quality of the staff.

Mind you, Murphy's is really a Cork drink, and drinking Murphy's in
Dublin is not a step to be undertaken lightly.  It's not a big seller,
so the beer sits in the kegs too long.

It's also difficult to find people who can pull a pint of stout
correctly.  Not that I could, but I know when it's being done right.

Death is too good for people who drink stout before it has settled.

Paul.

--
Paul Collins <sneakums at eircom.net> - - - - - [ A&P,a&f ]
 GPG: 0A49 49A9 2932 0EE5 89B2  9EE0 3B65 7154 8131 1BCD