[CrackMonkey] RFC: ORBS down

Monkey Master monkeymaster at crackmonkey.org
Mon Jul 17 11:12:47 PDT 2000

begin  Bob Bernstein quotation:
> http://www.orbs.org
>
> MAPS vs. ORBS
>
> What this all about? What's the deal? Who are the good guys, and who
> are the bad guys? (Apply any measure of PC you care to.)

Since these are all opt-in voluntary boycotts, they may all be the
good guys.  The boycotts last until the offender fixes his relay, and
all is well.

I think this would get nasty if people felt pressured to participate
in the blackhole lists.  Right now there are enough people who want to
get all mail and risk losing business if they activate the RBLs.

Basically, I worry that the blackhole lists could become blacklists.
Having multiple sources of offender lists is a good thing, as it keeps
things from resting too heavily on one organization's judgement.

I've worked at sites that were RBL'd by MAPS.  Basically we called up,
and as soon as we said "Oh, sorry, we'll look into it", they took us
off the list.  This is why I feel safe with MAPS.  Basically the only
people who stay on the MAPS list are people who say "No, I will not
close my relays."

Pigdog.Org      - The Online Handbook for Bad People of the Future
                You are not entitled to your opinions.