[CrackMonkey] dammit

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Fri Jul 28 11:03:56 PDT 2000

begin  Peter A. Peterson II quotation of Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 11:44:30AM -0500:

> To be fair, you're totally right here -- I missed that the first time
> I read your email. But as I see it, the Napster ruling is setting the tone
> for these intprop trials coming up, and a victory here would have only
> been good for "us" (the lame-ass Metallica-listening underground).

Nothing about Napster winning would do anything to protect fair use by
individuals. The line Napster wants to draw is that their service is
legit, and a crime is committed by a person who "drags" an mp3 into
their Napster "folder".

Regarding your other point about RIAA going after hardware makers:
they'll do that no matter who wins this case.

If there was an apt/freenet interface, Freenet would be saturated with
Debian packages.

--
Don Marti                                No haiku patents
dmarti at zgp.org                           means I've no incentive to