[free-sklyarov] _Alice_ read aloud

Benjamin Krueger roo at ufies.org
Fri Aug 24 23:09:17 PDT 2001

I think the key point that this individual must be made aware of is that he
has not created a new and unique work. This project is clearly and unarguably
a derivative work. Further, this work is extremely easy to detach from
Carroll's original work. They're goddamned words, and the formatting of the
words does not change their meaning.

Bottom line, this is not a unique work. Ask this fellow to try his little
trick with a Harlequin novel, or one of the Harry Potter books, and try to
copyright it as a "new and unique work". Or maybe a Disney book; I'm sure
their lawyers would have a field day. Email me after he loses the lawsuit.

Benjamin Krueger
Seattle, Wa