[free-sklyarov] RE: Article

Robloch at aol.com Robloch at aol.com
Thu Aug 30 20:08:34 PDT 2001

To mark the occasion, I've written an article. Let's hope that common sense
>>prevails today. Good luck all.
>>
>>I think that this is a workable theory, what do you think. Criminal or
>>Hostage?
>>http://www.dotcomscoop.com/wtaw830.htm
>>

>Never attribute to malice, etc..
>
>If I'm not entirely mistaken, both Dmitry and Alex Katalov - the executive
>of Elcomsoft - were at DEFCON. If the FBI had wanted Elcomsoft in the first
>place, they could have cuffed Alex.

Alex was sitting next to him while he gave his speech.

By the way, that link should be  http://www.dotcomscoop.com/wtaw830.html

-b

--
Number of restrictions placed on "Alice in Wonderland" (public domain)
eBook:  5

Maximum penalty for reading "Alice in Wonderland" aloud (possible DMCA
violation):  5 years jail

Average sentence for commiting Rape: 5 years

The point that I would still make is, to my understanding, they couldn't
arrest the owners of Elcomsoft at DEFCOM because that would not have been
consistent with the complaint procedure against a corporation.

Leading on from that, the possibilty that I was addressing in the article was
whether conceivably argue that they arrested Dmitry as a way of getting to
Elcomsoft. Personally I think that they just went off on one, but I thought
it worth consideration. This is the US Government after all.