[free-sklyarov] Another US$.02

Pablos Kadrevis pablos at kadrevis.com
Thu Jul 19 00:33:05 PDT 2001

To the managemnt of Adobe,

It saddens me to see the poor choice Adobe has made with its complaint
against Dmitry Sklyarov.  I have always appreciated the fantastic software
created by Adobe.  I used three of your applications in creating the
Boycott Adobe web site at <http://www.boycottadobe.com>.

Dmitry is a 26 year old father of two children from Moscow.  Imagine being
detained indefinitely by the KGB in Russia where you have no friends or
family.  This is exactly what is going on with Dmitry due to Adobe's
actions.  For the last three days he has been denied communication with
friends, family, even the Russian Consul.

Please understand that the DMCA is unconstitutional and will continue to be
fought earnestly by those who understand, and care about the future of our
rights online.  We've been waiting for a case just like this one to fight
the DMCA in court.  It promises to be a long run of bad press for Adobe.

Over the last few months, I've seen institutional investors looking for any
excuse to pull out of high tech companies.  So I'm particularly saddened
that the impending backlash against Adobe will be very difficult for you.
I understand the trickle down effect this will have on product development.

Please rescind Adobe's complaint against Dmitry Sklyarov before this
becomes a bigger problem for all of us.  As much as I want to see the DMCA
suffer, Dmitry is the wrong victim to use in fixing American laws.

I'm off to make Boycott Adobe T-Shirts, please buy one from our web site,
all proceeds go to help Dmitry's defense.

Thanks,

Pablos Kadrevis
pablos at kadrevis.com
415.420.3806