[free-sklyarov] Welcome to Adobe subscriber

James S. Tyre jstyre at jstyre.com
Fri Jul 20 00:12:40 PDT 2001

At 11:43 PM 07/19/2001 -0700, Seth David Schoen wrote:

>For the benefit of foreign readers or those not familiar with U.S.
>law:
>
>(My own impressions, again, as a non-lawyer.)

<snippage>

>Supporters of Dmitry Sklyarov should be aware that investigators could
>require information from you, and that you could be required to testify
>at a trial.  In addition, the list of subscribers to this list could
>be requested; if that happened, I would ask the attorneys at the EFF
>to oppose the request in court.  I don't know whether any of that is
>likely to happen.

The first case the crack EFF lawyers would cite, though not the last, is
N.A.A.C.P. v. Alabama, 357 U.S. 449 (1958),
http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?navby=case&court=us&vol=357&invol=449

James S. Tyre                               mailto:jstyre at jstyre.com
Law Offices of James S. Tyre          310-839-4114/310-839-4602(fax)
10736 Jefferson Blvd., #512               Culver City, CA 90230-4969
Co-founder, The Censorware Project             http://censorware.net