[free-sklyarov] picketting Adobe?

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Fri Jul 20 08:42:32 PDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 07:59:30PM -0500, Lloyd Davidson wrote:
> What about locking a book inside of a small safe instead of burning
> it?  Burying it might be another apt metaphor.  Both of these are more
> closely equivalent to the encryption of text that keeps its content hidden
> away then burning.

Put an open book inside a glass box with a simple manual latch - something
that can be opened without requiring a key or a combination - holding
the lid shut.  Explain to people that they're free to read the book,
but working the latch is a felony.  (We can't let you open the latch to
turn the page because then you might steal the book...)

--
It's as if we outlawed cars on the principle that they could be used
to help crooks escape from bank robberies. - Dan Gillmore on the DMCA