[free-sklyarov] Where EFF was at that time??? 8-O

Keith A. Glass (home email) salgak at speakeasy.net
Fri Jul 20 12:53:19 PDT 2001

Ilya. . .

Where was EFF ??  They WERE fighting it.  But, alas, money talks,
and the big Media companies behind the DMCA had bought off enough
members of the Congress.  Excuse me, I mean they contributed
generously to their re-election campaigns and Political Action
Committees.  Even though it means exactly the same thing <g>

It's like the CDA: that ALSO passed overwhelmingly.

The basic modus operandi of Congress is this:

Here is a problem, we must DO something !

This <insert ridiculous legislation here> is something. . .

Let's do it !!

Sad, but effectively truth in a nutshell....