[free-sklyarov] Adobe Will Talk! July 23 Sklyarov Protest on Hold

Klepht klepht at eleutheria.org
Fri Jul 20 13:00:42 PDT 2001

    WD> Congratulations folks!  The pressure we all have put on Adobe
    WD> has resulted in an agreement to meet with representatives from
    WD> the Electronic Frontier Foundation on this Monday morning,
    WD> July 23.

    WD> For that reason, EFF has decided to:

    WD> PUT THE JULY 23 PROTEST ON HOLD

Will,

We are NOT going to be able to get this kind of momentum behind us
again if we pull the plug now. It's just NOT going to happen.

So PLEASE be VERY confident that there will be CONCRETE
results.

Frankly, this is the best of all worlds for Adobe: they get a couple
of eggheads to come into the office, they blow smoke up your asses for
a couple of hours, and then show you the door.

In other words, you're neutralized. Everyone who's pulled in favors to
get this event publicized will be unable to make that happen again. I
know I will.

It seems like a REALLY BAD idea to me, so I hope you have a better
feeling about the meeting than I do. If I were you, I'd wait until
AFTER Monday to meet with Adobe. But that's just me.

~Klepht

klepht at eleutheria.org
http://www.eleutheria.org/