[free-sklyarov] Adobe Will Talk! July 23 Sklyarov Protest on Hold

Sonja V. Tideman sonjat at cs.unm.edu
Fri Jul 20 13:18:04 PDT 2001

hello,
  That is great news, but I am also afraid of the price we would pay to
cancel it.  I am also afraid of canceling an action when nothing has
changed (he is still in prison).  Perhaps a better solution would be to
try to move the focus of the demonstrations away from Adobe and onto the
federal government (who have not done anything to suggest they would not
do this again if another company asked them to.  After all, is it enough
to get Adobe's assurance they will not be throwing another innocent
programmer in jail, or should we try to get the government's assurance?

Sonja