[free-sklyarov] Adobe Will Talk! July 23 Sklyarov Protest on Hold

Xcott Craver sacraver at EE.Princeton.EDU
Fri Jul 20 13:41:40 PDT 2001

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Eric Tully wrote:

> But that's ONE reason to call them off and I've heard about six good
> reasons to continue with them on Monday.  (Loss of credibility, loss of
> momentum, possible smoke in the ass blowing from Adobe negotiators,
> Non-good faith action on Adobe's part by filing a complaint in the first
> place, not cancelling a real action on the basis of a *promise* of mere
> *talks*, and not everyone was party to those negotiations you described.)

	Let me make a suggestion.

	We could set a concrete date ASAP for later in the week,
	spread that information as quickly as possible to news sites.
	Rather than postponing indefinitely, we postpone _definitely_.
	This prevents confusion, uncertainty, and loss of credibility.

	Then, if the talks go very well, if Adobe does a 180, we can think
	about cancelling that event.  I think it could still be early
	enough to do something like this without losing steam.  Thoughts?

> - Eric
							-S