[free-sklyarov] Adobe Will Talk! July 23 Sklyarov Protest on Hold

mike castleman mlc67 at columbia.edu
Fri Jul 20 13:54:14 PDT 2001

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 04:41:40PM -0400, Xcott Craver wrote:
> 	We could set a concrete date ASAP for later in the week,
> 	spread that information as quickly as possible to news sites.
> 	Rather than postponing indefinitely, we postpone _definitely_.
> 	This prevents confusion, uncertainty, and loss of credibility.

Say we pick Thursday. Okay, EFF & Adobe meet on monday, nothing happens.
Protest is on for Thursday. Fewer people can make it because people
already made arrangements to be there monday, not thursday, but still
enough people are ready to go. Then, Wednesday evening Adobe calls EFF,
says "We want to meet with you tomorrow morning, but iff you call off the
protest." Okay, we reimplement your plan, reschedule for the next
Monday. At Thursday meeting, nothing happens, so we are to protest on
Monday. Saturday, Adobe calls EFF...

Rinse and repeat, until the movement has dwindled. This is not progress
for our side.

mike

// mike castleman, mlc67 at columbia.edu
// cell: +1 (646) 382-7220
// "facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." - aldous huxley