[free-sklyarov] start planning hours for vigil picket

Adobe Demonstrator adobedemonstrator at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 20 13:55:10 PDT 2001

If Adobe wants us to put the one-day protest on hold just because
they are willing to meet now though they weren't earlier, then the
logical course of action is to gather Monday at the San Jose snake
sculpture at 11 a.m. as planned, and wait there for an Adobe announcement.
It would be about as easy to march to the U.S.
Attorney's office from there, if need be.

In the mean time, please, in case things don't work out, those of
us in or around San Jose can begin thinking about which business
hours over the coming weeks we can allocate to participation in
a picket vigil as I described earlier.  Instead of a rowdy protest,
a vigil should be an orderly picket with a unified appearance, a
refusal to engage in any heated dialog with passers-by and
officials, and plenty of literature to hand out.  That is the kind
of thing that makes business people realize that they are in for a
full pound picket, not just a penny protest.  Ideally, we should
have about three people constantly picketing M-F, 9-5.

I am working on a simple web-based calendaring application which
will allow people to claim 30-minute picket vigil chunks of time,
and perhaps the EFF office will help coordinate this.  With luck
it will not be needed.  However, I just got off the phone with the
U.S. Attorney's office, and as yet, Adobe has taken no action to
at the government to drop the charges.

Free Sklyarov!