[free-sklyarov] ATTN: EFF: suggested agreement

Adobe Demonstrator adobedemonstrator at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 20 15:24:33 PDT 2001

ATTN:  EFF -- please see suggested agreement as follows.

Adobe Systems Incorporated
345 Park Avenue
San Jose, California 95110-2704
USA
Tel: 408-536-6000
Fax: 408-537-6000

July ____, 2001

U.S. Department of Justice
United States Attorney
c/o Assistant U.S. Attorney Matthew J. Jacobs
Northern District of California
11th Floor, Federal Building
450 Golden Gate Avenue, Box 36055
San Francisco, California  94102

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen:

Upon considering the implications of the prosecution of
Dmitry Sklyarov, Adobe Systems Incorporated respectfully
requests that the charges against him, as described in
your release of July 17, 2001, be dropped as soon as
possible, and that he be allowed to return to his home
and family.

In the event that charges against Mr. Sklyarov are not
dropped, Adobe Systems Incorporated will testify first
and foremost that we wish Mr. Sklyarov released at once;
that we apologize for his detention and separation from
his home and family, and that we no longer consider his
actions in allegedly exposing security circumvention
measures injurious to Adobe Systems Incorporated.

Additionally, (check all that apply):

[ ] We agree to pay reasonable expenses incurred by his
detention and transportation by the U.S. Dept. of Justice.

[ ] We agree to pay transportation fare to return
Mr. Sklyarov to his home and family.

Sincerely yours,

Dr. Charles M. Geschke
Chairman of the Board